ADHO’s Constituent Organizations sponsor several peer-reviewed scholarly journals, as well as various other modes of scholarly communication, including mailing lists and a Q&A board. This page also includes some digital humanities publications affiliated with ADHO, but not directly sponsored by it.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Computers in the Humanities Working Papers, “an interdisciplinary series of refereed publications on computer-assisted research” (1990s-2009).
- DHQ (Digital Humanities Quarterly) is an open-access peer-reviewed journal from ACH. Launched in 2007, DHQ publishes articles, reviews, case studies, and opinion pieces on all aspects of digital humanities, as well as guest-edited thematic and language-specific special issues.
- Digital Studies / Le champ numérique is a refereed academic journal focusing on digitally enabled scholarship, research, and pedagogy in the humanities and cultural heritage domains. It particularly encourages work approached from a multicultural, intersectional, or global perspective. The languages of record in DS/CN are French and English, but the journal has published articles in other languages with an English or French companion. All articles published by DS/CN are published under a Creative Commons 3.0 CC-BY license, and are compliant with most national and institutional Open Access mandates.
- DSH: Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (formerly LLC: The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities) an international, peer-reviewed journal published by Oxford University Press on behalf of EADH and ADHO.
- Humanités numériques, created in 2020, is a semi-annual digital journal distributed in open access. The journal is published by the Humanistica association, which supports the development of digital humanities.
- Journal of Digital Archives and Digital Humanities by TADH.
- Journal of the JADH, a peer reviewed Journal for Digital Humanities, an international DH journal published by the JADH.
- Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, the official journal of the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium, an ADHO Affiliate Organization.
- Zeitschrift für digitale Geisteswissenschafte (ZfdG), the ZfdG is an e-journal for topics and discussions in the field of digital humanities and sponsored by DHd.
Books and Book Series
ADHO hosts the following publications for free in their digital form:
- Selected conference papers from the annual joint conferences of ACH and ALLC have been published in LLC. The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities until 2013. Papers from 2014 – present are published in Digital Scholarship in the Humanities. A running bibliography of published DH2016 papers is available here.
- Selected papers from DRH conferences (1996-2009)