ADHO's constituent organizations sponsor several peer-reviewed scholarly journals, as well as modes of scholarly communication such as a longstanding mailing list and a Q&A board. This page also lists several other digital humanities publications.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- DSH: Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (formerly LLC: The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities) an international, peer-reviewed journal published by Oxford University Press on behalf of EADH and ADHO
- DHQ (Digital Humanities Quarterly) is an open-access peer-reviewed journal from ACH. Launched in 2007, DHQ publishes articles, reviews, case studies, and opinion pieces on all aspects of digital humanities, as well as guest-edited thematic and language-specific special issues.
- Digital Studies / Le champ numérique is a refereed academic journal focusing on digitally enabled scholarship, research, and pedagogy in the Humanities and Cultural Heritage domains. It is particularly encouraging to work approached from a multicultural, intersectional, or global perspective. The languages of record in DS/CN are French or English, but the journal has published articles in other languages with an English or French companion. All articles published by DS/CN are published under a Creative Commons 3.0 CC-BY license, and are compliant with most national and institutional Open Access mandates.
- DH Commons, an open-access peer-reviewed electronic journal from centerNet
- Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, the official journal of the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium
- Computers in the Humanities Working Papers, "an interdisciplinary series of refereed publications on computer-assisted research" (1990s-2009)
- Text Technology, a free electronic journal published by McMaster University (the latest issue dates from 2007)
- Selected conference papers from the annual joint conferences of ACH and ALLC have been published in LLC. The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities until 2014. Papers from 2015 - present are published in Digital Scholarship in the Humanities.
- Selected papers from DRH conferences (1996-2009)
Books and Book Series
- Blackwell's Companion to Digital Literary Studies
- Blackwell's Companion to Digital Humanities
- Office for Humanities Computing (OHC) monograph series
- Topics in the Digital Humanities, a book series from the University of Illinois Press
- Debates in the Digital Humanities, Eds. Mathew K. Gold, Lauren F. Klein, University of Minnesota Press
Guides and Discussion Forums
- Digital Humanities Questions & Answers, a community-based Q&A board for digital humanities questions that need (just a little) more than 140 character answers.
- Humanist Discussion Forum, an international digital seminar on digital humanities, published by ADHO and affiliated with the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS).
- The Ninch Guide to Good Practice in the Digital Representation and Management of Cultural Heritage Materials