Join our team! The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) seeks applicants for its two 2020 Communications Fellowships, each of which comes with a stipend of €500 (Euros).
Working on a small team directed by the ADHO Communications Officer, the two fellows will
- write news releases, blog posts, and announcements about ADHO, its constituent organizations, and the broader digital humanities community
- monitor and update ADHO’s social media presence
- maintain its website
- help to develop and implement ADHO’s outreach strategy
- perform other communications-related responsibilities
The fellows should anticipate spending approximately 3-4 hours per week on the position. The fellowship is well suited for graduate students, young scholars, and academic professionals who wish to develop deeper knowledge of digital humanities and its global communities, contribute to an important digital humanities scholarly and professional organization, and gain professional experience in social media and communications. The communications team works remotely from their respective locations, communicating via email, video calls, and other effective means.
Essential skills and qualifications include:
- excellent written communication skills
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- attention to detail
- some knowledge of digital humanities communities and current discourses
- some knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
Desirable skills and qualifications include:
- experience creating and publishing content using Drupal, WordPress, or another web content management system
- skills in graphic design and multimedia editing
- working knowledge of more than one language
To apply, submit a CV or résumé, a brief writing sample, the names of two references, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to the ADHO Executive Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 1 March 2020. The fellowships will begin as soon as possible and will run until 31 December 2020.